The Catholic School is a community whose mission is to provide its members with an education which takes place in an environment formed by Gospel values and the authentic teachings of the Church.
All members of the Catholic School community have a duty to work towards the achievement of this aim. Catholic Education Diocese of Wagga Wagga is responsible to the Bishop for developing, monitoring and evaluating education policies for the Catholic Diocesan Schools.
The CEDWW website address is ww.catholic.edu.au The Principal of the school is responsible for enrolments, in accordance with the CEDWW Enrolment Policy.
- Catholics within the Parish
- Catholics outside the Parish
- Non-Catholic students in agreement with Catholic ethos
Special consideration is given to siblings of current students.
- Children commencing Kindergarten should be at least five years of age by 30th May in the year that they commence Kindergarten. It is a strong recommendation that children turn five in the year prior to enrolment. Variations from this guideline must be discussed with the Principal and comply with school policy on flexible and accelerated progression.
- Enrolment applications must be completed on the official ‘Application for Enrolment’ form and lodged at the school by the said date. All relevant documents, as per the enrolment form (eg. birth certificate) must be attached to the enrolment form at the time of lodgement.
- Parents, with their prospective student, may be invited to attend an interview with the Principal of the school to assess the readiness of the child.
- Parents are notified in writing of the outcome of the application. Where there is not a place available, at the parents’ request, the child’s name can be placed on a waiting list. A referral will also be made to neighbouring Catholic Schools where vacancies may be available. If a position becomes available the application will be re-considered.
Education of a child in a Catholic School requires commitment of parents to the payment of the annual School Fee Account which includes:
- Tuition Fee
- Resource Fee
- No child will be denied placement in our school because of the inability to pay the annual account. Personal circumstances and commitment in principle and practice to the life of the school and Parish will be of primary consideration in confidentially determining (with the Principal) an agreed strategy for the payment of any debt.
- In accepting enrolment, parents are strongly urged to participate to the best of their ability in the social and fundraising activities of the school.
Families with children who have special needs are required to inform the Principal at the time of application for enrolment.